Chronic conditions and school

Help with Listen Feature Help with Listen Feature

This webpage of the American Academy of Pediatrics answers the following question posed by a parent: My child has a chronic health condition. What do I need to tell the school?  The first sentence of AAP’s answer is: If your child has special health needs, the school should have a written document outlining a health care and emergency plan. The remainder of the article spells out the details of what parents and schools need to know. (posted December 18, 2012) 

NOTICE: The National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities (NICHCY) is no longer in operation. Our funding from the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) ended on September 30, 2013. Our website and all its free resources will remain available until September 30, 2014.