NICHCY’s Dissemination Plan has been developed to guide the work of the National Dissemination Center in two spheres:
- Sharing current, evidence-based resources on special education and disabilities with a national audience of stakeholders; and
- Providing guidance on effective dissemination practices to the TA&D network funded by the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP), U.S. Department of Education.
NICHCY’s staff developed the structure for this plan, work that was directly informed by the dissemination planning work of other projects, including:
- the National Center for Dissemination of Disability Research (NCDDR, Elements of an Effective Dissemination Plan, 2001),
- the literature on dissemination, and
- NICHCY’s own long-term experiences in providing for the information and resource needs of its target audiences.
The plan includes the 10 elements of effective dissemination recommended by NCDDR, while emphasizing the four elements we’ve extensively discussed as part of the Dissemination Initiative:
We hope that sharing our plan publicly will inspire other disseminators to create their own plans—to whit: Please help yourself to whatever sections of NICHCY’s plan seem to match the dissemination work that your center or organization does! You can download our plan in either PDF or Word format by using the links at the top of this page.